Scripture Text: 2 Timothy 2:1-7
Memory Verse: “I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called.” Ephesians 4:1
Lesson Aim: To provide a summary review of the last 12 lessons on spiritual disciplines that strengthen the believer.
We have walked together through the last 12 lessons, looking into the disciplines and tools that strengthen the believer’s walk.
God’s desire is for us to be mature and victorious. As we travel the road together, let us be continuously aware of the importance of the Word and where the battleground is as we exercise our faith and find strength prayer, fasting and praise.
As we walk in the power of the Holy Spirit, we will find strength in fellowship as we learn to forgive and walk in love with each other.
Interact with God’s Word:
- Why is Bible reading and study so important? 2 Timothy 2:15; 1 Timothy 4:12-16 – Lesson 1, Question 5
- What do these Scriptures tell us about the important role of the mind? Proverbs 23:7; Matthew 22:37; Romans 8:4-8; Luke 6:45 – Lesson 2, Question 1
- Satan came at Eve with a subtle attack that cast doubt on the authority of God’s Word. Genesis 3:1-5 How is he still using this strategy today? Discuss and give examples. – Lesson 3, Question 1
- What are some benefits of meditation? Psalm 1:2-3; Joshua 1:8-9; Romans 12:2 – Lesson 4, Question 4
- How do we act on the Word? James 1:22 – Lesson 5, Question 6
- What does prayer have the power to do? James 5:13-18 – Lesson 6, Question 1
- How did Jesus advise His disciples about fasting? Matthew 6:16-18 – Lesson 7, Question 4
- What two elements need to be present in order for our praise to be effective? Psalm 149:6; 47:6-7 – Lesson 8, Question 1
- In what ways can the Holy Spirit guide us? John 16:13; Acts 11:12; 13:2; 16:7 – Lesson 9, Question 4
- Why do you think the writer of Hebrews instructed the believers as he did in Hebrews 10:24-25? – Lesson 10, Question 1
- What impact does unforgiveness have on our prayers? Matthew 5:20-26; Mark 11:24-26; 1 Peter 3:7 – Lesson 11, Question 3
- What is the ultimate measure of our love for God? John 14:15, 23-24 – Lesson 12, Question 1