We the members of the General Council Churches Of God (Seventh Day) Inc., Headquarters Meridian, Idaho Board of Directors have the following vision for the organization, and it’s members, by the leading of the Lord.
We feel that our goal and purpose is to support and promote the teaching and instruction of the biblical word. We believe that through this, we follow the direction set by our forefathers and early leaders of the Church Of God, and the Holy Spirit. We place our support and backing to the ministers. The Spreading of the gospel to all people, through evangelistic trips and contacts, will be supported financially each year. We believe that through this support and working with our ministers, the publishing work, the Christian Youth organization, Daughters of the King, and Camp Meeting, we meet the direction and leading of God.
We Pray that the General Council membership as a whole join us in support of the vision, as we look to God and pray that He continues to lead us in the direction of His sovereign will.
Statement of Beliefs
1. The Bible to be the inspired Word of God. God the Father is the supreme deity, Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son Of God, and the Holy Spirit is the promised Comforter.
2. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His miracles; His vicarious and atoning death; His bodily resurrection late on the Sabbath day; His ascension to the right hand of God in heaven; and His personal return to establish His kingdom and rule this earth in the great power and glory.
3. The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Jesus and obedience to our Lord’s command to be baptized (immersed) in the name of Christ for the remission of sins.
4. That by faith we may receive healing for our bodies.
5. The Scriptures enjoin the observance of the Ten Commandments, including the observance of the Seventh Day Sabbath (commonly called Saturday) to be observed from sunset on Friday until sunset on Saturday.
6. The Lord’s Supper and foot washing should be observed once a year at the proper and appointed time.
7. In the resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust, the just to eternal life and the unjust to eternal death.
8. The dead are in a state of no consciousness.
9. The true church organization taught in the Bible is local autonomy and that the Bible name for the church is THE CHURCH OF GOD.
10. The tests of the Christian fellowship are the Commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.