When a disciple is born again, he has a new life. He knows how to breathe, how to eat, and how to have a family life. But now he needs to know who is in charge of the family: Our heavenly Father. Jesus taught his disciples to say, “Our Father who art in heaven.” The heavenly Father loves, protects, provides for, disciplines, and promises a New Kingdom to His children.
The Heavenly Father’s Heart
“The Lord appeared to him from afar saying, ‘I have ____________ you with an everlasting ____________; therefore, I have drawn you with lovingkindness.’” (Jeremiah 31:3)
Why did God save you? ……….. because you are so bad?……… because you first loved him?…….. because you have good or bad luck?…….. because ____________. No!
“But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great ________ with which He loved us, even when we were ________in our ____________ made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), (Ephesians 2:4-5)
How does God reveal his love to you? Please write an example. (1 John 3:1)
In Luke 15:11-24, Jesus talks about how a father loved a son. What are the similarities between this father and God our Father?
The Heavenly Father’s Protection
“But the Lord is faithful, and he will __________________________ you from the evil one.” (2 Thessalonians 3:3).
- In Psalm 34:7, what does God promise?
- How did God protect Elijah? (2 Kings 6:15-18)
- How did God protect Daniel? (Daniel 3:19-28)
- How does God protect you when you face temptation? (1 Corinthians 10:13)
The Heavenly Father’s Provision
“And my God will supply _________ according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
- Why are God’s children not to worry? (Matthew 6:31-32)
- Is there anything God will not provide for us? (Romans 8:32)
The Heavenly Father’s Discipline
“For those whom the Lord ______ He ___________, And He __________ every son whom He receives” (Hebrews 12:6).
- What does God expect for his children? (Ephesians 4:13)
- How does God discipline his children? (Proverbs 27:17; 2 Timothy 3:16; James 1:2-4)
The Heavenly Father’s Promised Kingdom
“But according to His _________ we are looking for ________________and ______________________in which ___________dwells.” (2 Peter 3:13)
- What will not be in this new kingdom? (Revelation 21:1-4)
- How long will God’s Kingdom last? (Daniel 2:44)
- Where is this Kingdom located? Matthew 6:10) Where else? (Luke 17:21)
- Who will inherit the Kingdom? (Matthew 7:21) What will it be like (Luke 23:43)
How wonderful it will be when it will be, even the animals will be at peace. (Isaiah 65:17-25) There will be no end to the peace. (Isaiah 9:6-7) May we all get to hear the King say come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. (Matthew 25:34)