Scripture Reading: 2 Samuel 22:29-37
Memory Verse: “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you” John 14:26
If God has a plan, how does He work the plan? By what agency does God activate and carry out His plans for you?
“God wants what is best for us, He also knows what is best and He has the power to bring His good plan to fulfillment. He is sovereign over the entire universe, the supreme ruler of all creation, He is limited only by His wisdom and purposes, by His own character and by choices He, Himself has made. Not by the power of nature or created beings, and never by circumstances of our lives.” (1: p.25)
We marvel at the diversification of God’s power. The very thought that the power that created the universe can reside in us is overwhelming. Just as a lamp contains oil, so can we have God’s power directing our lives. God’s power has a purpose.
“Yet in blessing and guiding us as individuals, God has chosen to let us limit him by our spiritual and moral choices. He fulfills His good intentions for each of us if we let Him do so, if we submit to His sovereignty and trust him,” (1: p. 25)
The righteous know that when they fall they are never left lying there; when they stumble, they are never completely forsaken.
- In the Scriptures, to whom is power preeminently attributed? 1 Chronicles 29:11-15; Psalm 66:3-7; Nahum 1:3.
- How diversified is the power of God? Exodus 14:26-31; Joshua 6:20; 1 Kings 17:1-6; 2 Kings 20:1-11.
- After defeating Goliath, what did David proclaim? 2 Samuel 22:29-33.
- How would you describe the power of God?
- What use is power unless it has a purpose? Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Acts 4:33.
- What is another aspect of the power of God? John 14:16-18, 26. What is the meaning of comforter?
- How strong is His promise to stay alongside of us? 1 Peter 5:6-7, 9; Hebrews 13:5-6.
- Do you think God has the ability to fulfill His plans for your life? Philippians 4:13. What does strengtheneth mean?
- Can you share about a time when God’s inward power helped you?
- How do you feel about a challenge to submit to God and His plan for you? Psalm 37:23-24.